Need to lose weight? Is there an easier way to kick those extra pounds without dieting and exercise? I’ve read tons of materials over the net and most of them suggest to incorporate diet and exercise to achieve your weight goal, so perhaps it’s not possible, that is if you want to do it the healthy and safe way.
Maintaining an ideal body weight is a life goal that is long-term. However, sometimes you might want to lose a few extra pounds quickly or go on a 3 week diet program because you have a special occasion coming up. If you have a weight loss goal to reach, it is important that you find out what your motivation is. The more motivated you are, the better chance you have in succeeding. For instance, perhaps you have purchased a lovely dress that is just a little tight right now. Picturing yourself in that dress may give you the motivation that you need to stick to your diet plan.
Here are a few things to consider:
- You have to set goals that are specific as well as realistic. If they are specific, you will know exactly what you have to accomplish. If they are realistic, you will know that you can reach them. It is self-defeating if you set unattainable goals, so avoid doing that.
- Figure out the number of calories that you will need to consume daily to reach your ideal weight. You may want to consult with a nutritionist to help you figure that out. You should keep your diet well-balanced and at a healthy caloric level. Do not consider crash diets in order to lose weight because they will deprive your body of the necessary nutrients.
- You should look at the nutritional and caloric content of all the food that you eat. Read the labels if they are available. Many prepared food are high in sugar, fat and salt, and those empty calories will slip in if you are not careful with reading labels. Go for food that are packed with nutrients.
- There are food that are seemingly small in size but which are extremely high in calories. For instance, a tablespoon of butter packs 100 calories, and that is mostly fat. Rich desserts are high in fat and sugar. You do not have to avoid these completely, but you should consume them sparingly.
- Make a point to balance your caloric intake with the amount of exercise that you are doing. For instance, if you ate a rich and scrumptious dessert because you were at a party, exercise a little longer the next day to work it off. To lose weight – no pain, no gain!
- It is fine to feel hungry once in a while. This does not mean that you should starve yourself. It only means that you do not have to grab something to eat every time you feel a bit hungry. Try to wait for your next meal, and distract yourself by doing a fun activity.
- Water is an important beverage in any diet. When you drink water right before a meal, it will make you a little more full, and you will end up eating a smaller meal. This is an easy way to reduce your calories every meal.
- Just keep in mind that whatever discomfort you may feel over your diet is temporary. Your body needs to adjust itself to a new level of activity and a new diet routine. So, give yourself time to get accustomed to it, and do not feel discouraged.
- Remember to treat yourself to something that you like every time you reach a milestone toward your goal. This will motivate you to lose weight and keep going until you have reached your ultimate goal.
Maintaining a healthy weight is a life-long activity that you must adhere to or you will easily bounce back and gain the lost weight much faster than you can imagine. Strict diet and exercise is a must to help you reach that goal in no time.