I’ve been slowly trying to get my cooking mojo back since last year, but because I have a very busy schedule, most of the time it’s taken the backseat. That’s why I’m so excited and thankful that I still get to practice my love for cooking when brands invite me for a cook-off challenge. And last month, I participated in the Doña Elena Holiday Bash Learn and Cook Holiday-Perfect Recipes, dishes which I can easily prepare for this coming holidays!
Chef DJ was our uber handsome instructor for the cook-off and he taught us a few tricks of his own plus made me taste olives and capers!
Main ingredients of course were the new Doña Elena 100% Tuna in Sunflower Oil in Chunks and Shredded. It was a fun-filled afternoon together with other media and we were bent on winning in this cook-off!
This newest product line of Doña Elena carries several nutrients from omega-3, protein, selenium and vitamin D of the tuna to the omega-6 fatty acids, vitamin E, and polysaturated fats of the cholesterol-free sunflower oil.
More than being healthy, Doña Elena 100% Tuna in Sunflower Oil in Chunks and Shredded is great tasting too making it an ideal partner to any dish, from beloved Christmas staples like pasta and stews, to everyday needs such as dips, patties, stuffing, and spreads. Above all, it’s 100% Pure Tuna meat, no extenders, preservatives and MSGs.
Here are some of the recipes of the dishes we made that day….
2 tbsp. Doña Elena Pure Olive Oil
1 cup Doña Elena 100% Tuna in Sunflower Oil Chunks
1/2 cup white onion, diced
2 tbsp. garlic, chopped
2 tbsp. paprika
1 can Doña Elena Diced Tomatoes
1 cup long grain rice
2 cups chicken stock
(to taste) salt and pepper
1 pc bay leaf
1 cup plain yogurt
½ cup cucumber, minced
2 pcs. mint leaves, minced
1 tbsps. tomatoes, minced
(mix all ingredients)
1. Heat the Doña Elena Pure Olive Oil in a large pan. Sauté the Doña Elena 100% Tuna Chunks and onion. Add the garlic, paprika and Doña Elena Diced Tomatoes.
2. Add the rice, stock, lemon zest and bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over a low heat for 12 minutes. Turn off the heat, let rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Top with chopped parsley and lemon wedges and Tzatziki.
1/2 cup red and green bell pepper, cut into small cubes
1 pc. red onion, chopped
1/2 bottle Doña Elena Spanish Sardines in Olive Oil, drained
1/2 cup Doña Elena Diced Tomatoes
1/2 cup zucchini, diced
1/4 cup goat’s cheese, cubed
2 pcs. egg
1 tbsp. Doña Elena Pure Olive Oil
1/2 cup Doña Elena Black Olives, sliced
1 tbsp Doña Elena Capers
(to taste) salt and pepper
(for garnish) parsley, chopped
1. Preheat a pan with Doña Elena Pure Olive Oil, add onions, bell peppers and zucchini. Saute until onions are fragrant.
2. Add the Doña Elena Diced Tomatoes, Doña Elena Black Olives and Doña Elena Capers. Simmer until slightly thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
3. Transfer sardines in a bake proof small casserole. Top with the tomato mixture, goat’s cheese then the raw egg. Bake at 180˚C for 5 to 10 minutes. Top with chopped parsley before serving.
I hope these two healthy dishes will be included in your Noche Buena or Media Noche this year as they are both great for the body and I bet the whole family will love ’em!
Enjoy the holidays even more with suggested recipes of Sardines Casserole and Tuna Pilaf using Doña Elena’s range of favorite products. With Doña Elena around, Christmas will be as merry and guilt-free as it should be.
Fly Ace Corporation is one of the leading food and beverage consumer goods companies in the country today. Propelling limitless multiple-category growth by bringing the best of the world closer to Filipino consumers, Fly Ace Corporation’s portfolio of food and beverage products includes house brands and exclusively distributed brands. To learn more about Fly Ace, visit www.flyacecorp.com.
Doña Elena Mediterranean products are Olives, Capers, Italian canned tomatoes, Spanish sardines,Flat fillet anchovies, Al Dente pasta, 100% Tuna and Olive Oil. These are available in all leading supermarkets nationwide. For more details, check out Doña Elena on FB https://www.facebook.com/Donaelenacuisineraclub/.