Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is an essential item in my kikay kit, my vanity dresser and in our medicine cabinet. It has been my go to product for chapped lips, cracked heels, minor burns and a lot of other uses. It’s what you can call a “wonder product” or an “all-around product” because there are actually 101 ways it can be used! You’d be surprised that instead of buying expensive ointments, lotions, lip gloss/balm etc, you can depend on this affordable award-winning petroleum jelly!
So, let me count the ways… Will not be listing down the whole #Vaseline101 ways though hahaha.. Instead, I’ll tell you what I or the family use it for because the below will be the proven ways.
1. Chapped Lips, Windburn, Minor Mouth Sore – Giving you 3 ways already though decided to just count it as 1. We have this thing going in the family and my boys and I usually suffer from this. I don’t know why perhaps super exposed in the sun, not drinking enough glasses of water in a day, or we are simple too prone.
Just recently, my little one suffered from windburn which lead to a minor mouth sore. Nothing alarming, it was due to a high grade fever which resulted to his lips becoming all swollen and red at the time. When fever subsided, look at the below image.
Treated it with Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, no need for drugstore ointment as per the pedia. Cured in no time!
2. Cracked Heels – Not really a fan of using lotion on my feet. It’s sticky and slippery especially when I put on shoes and go out. So, imagine my horror when one day I discovered my soles so dry and cracked, felt so icky lol! I was given a set of Vaseline lotion, tried it and healed. BUT, a friend told me to try and put some Vaseline Petroleum Jelly on my feet (you know to moisturize it), cover it with socks and leave it on the whole night. Worked even well than just a lotion!
3. Minor Burns – Remember our oldies telling us to put toothpaste on minor burns, like cooking oil splash? You don’t have to! Don’t wash it with water, immediately put on petroleum jelly with clean hands. It will soothe the skin and won’t create that tiny bubble with water inside. Once the bubble popped (don’t pop it, let it be), apply it again to avoid infection and avoid darkening of the skin.
4. Diaper Rash – I guess every mom knows that petroleum jelly really helps in avoiding, preventing and treatment of diaper rash in babies. No need to buy expensive zinc ointments, it will do. Aside from that, it helps moisturize the skin and protect it / avoid bacteria from coming back.
5. Pimple Crusher – My eldest who is now 17 usually have cystic acne. It’s irritating, itchy, icky redness and truly embarrassing! So what we do is cleanse his face with Cetaphil or Physiogel, put on a toner on areas where there are NO pimples, treat the bumps with Belo or ProActiv and finally, apply Vaseline petroleum jelly on the spots to help moisturize and further protect from infection. This will help avoid darkening or pimple scars.
There are still many ways to benefit from Vaseline Petroleum Jelly and I’ve just listed a few proven ones. The small tub can last you for many months thus saves you a ton of money plus it’s readily available in drugstores and supermarkets nationwide. It’s the “Original Wonder Jelly” and for sure even grandma knows about its healing benefits.
To see the full list of the 101 ways to use Vaseline Petroleum Jelly, visit their website at http://www.vaseline.ph/101-ways-to-use-petroleum-jelly.