Recently, all I talk about is summer. Well, that’s because I’ve been stuck in my house for some time now, not that I’m complaining, but I too, need some time away from the computer. Everyone needs a break from time to time, holidays are a great opportunity to enjoy time with family, friends and loved ones.
Below is a list of activities you can enjoy whilst on holiday. Be sure to take your digital camera, with EXTRA batteries.
- Fishing – If you are interested in trying this for the first time or it’s a hobby already, there are rivers famous for fly fishing and coarse fishing. If you don’t have the tools yet, you may buy or rent one and maybe ask help from someone who is already a veteran. Fishing, needs a lot of patience and skills. It will surely be an amazing feeling to catch a big one.
- Golfing – Many golf courses are open to the public where you can simply walk in, pay your fees and enjoy playing- Simple. There are 18 and 9-hole courses. If you are a beginner you can rent golf clubs. Every location has places where you can enjoy restaurants and bars to relax after or before the game. In due time, you’ll be out on the golf course every week to relieve some of that stress that builds up throughout the week.
- Horse Riding – If you’re a beginner, you may be anxious about riding a horse. There may be a point where you’ll fall off or get scared of the way the horse behaves, but it’s the feeling of adventure that runs through your veins, that’s the most memorable one. For those who frequently ride, it can also be a good way to break away from the recent stress in your life.
- Mountain Biking and Cycling – Feel the rush of adrenalin as you cycle down a mountain! For sure, all your stress and problems will be forgotten for the meantime. You can also go cycling at the park with your family or friends.
- Rock Climbing – Not everyone can do this, maybe for the fear of heights or maybe a disability prevents them from doing such an activity. I know I can’t because I am really scared of heights. When I was younger, I used to climb trees, no trouble at all. But then, something happened which resulted in the fear. But hey, don’t let me stop you from doing this. There are malls in the city that feature rock climbing areas. If you can’t get away from work for a few days, then go to your nearest mall and try out their “wall”. It’s safe and there are professional rock climbers to assist you if you are new. At least, your mind is taken off the problems for a few hours and when you’re done climbing, I’m sure you are so ready to face another challenge. You can also join some groups who travel out of town just to “climb rocks”.
- Water Sports – Enjoy sailing and windsurfing! For me, this is the ultimate summer escapade! I’ve already tried sailing and have been wanting to try windsurfing for a long time now. The thrill must be exhilarating for newbies and next year, I’ll definitely do this!
The above are just a few examples of how you can beat stress and of course, the summer heat. There are other things you can do, like go abroad for a well-deserved vacation if you have the extra funds. The UK perhaps? Holidays in the Peak District can give you and your family that break you need, so savor the moment of not being tied up with work.
Whatever your plans will be this summer, I hope you will be more relaxed and renewed when you go back to that stressful life again. Enjoy life while it lasts!