Most of us have been staying at home for the past few months and we can say that the challenge is real especially in the kitchen. Thinking of meals to prepare for the family every single day is not easy, right? Online food trends and recipes shared are most helpful to a mom like me. I’ve experimented, some failed and some were successful but I’m glad coz, either way, my family loved every dish!
While eating clean and healthy remains to be one of our top goals, as it signals how we choose to take care of our bodies, it also can seem like a challenge especially during these trying times. Some think of healthy food as lacking in taste or the ability to make us full, while others tend to choose more convenient food options, with the perception that nutritional meals require time, dedication, and ingredients with limited availability to prepare.
Luckily, San Miguel Foods, one of the leading food companies well-known in providing a diverse selection of food products defined by quality, taste, and safety, has now launched its newest offering perfect for those looking to make cleaner food choices, San Miguel Del Mar Tuna. The company’s first entry to the canned tuna category, San Miguel Del Mar stands out from other brands, as it is made from 100% pure tuna chunks, with no extenders and no preservatives.
Available in two variants, Chunks in Vegetable Oil and Chunks in Water, San Miguel Del Mar Tuna is rich in Omega 3, which helps prevent and manage heart disease, and protein, which is crucial for our bodies to grow, repair tissue, create essential hormones and enzymes, and support our immune systems. Packed with all its natural ingredients, San Miguel Del Mar Tuna also comes in an easy-open-can to make your meal prep and midday snacks healthier and equally delicious.
“We’re really excited to bring San Miguel Del Mar to the market because it delivers delicious and quality, honest-to-goodness pure and meaty tuna chunks with no extenders and preservatives,” said Hasmine Du, AVP and Marketing Manager for San Miguel Foods.
To help you get started on exciting your palate in an easy and healthy way, San Miguel Del Mar partnered with three personalities known for creating their own simply delicious recipes: home cook and writer Steph Zubiri, and established Chefs Ed Bugia and Happy Ongpauco-Tiu. Using San Miguel Del Mar Tuna, each of them created dishes to give everyone an effortlessly nutritious meal, no matter the time of the day.
Try it simply topped on your rice, or on adlai grains; in a no-fuss sandwich, or in a truffle mushroom crepe; straight from the can or as a rillette. With San Miguel Del Mar’s 100% pure authentic tuna, healthy eating is now uncomplicated and equally tasty.
San Miguel Del Mar Tuna is available in two variants, Chunks in Vegetable Oil and Chunks in Water, in all leading supermarkets, groceries and convenience stores, and is offered in an 185g easy-to-open can for only Php61 SRP. For more details, visit https://www.sanmiguelfoods.com/
TUNA RILLETTE by Steph Zubiri
- 2 (185 g each) cans San Miguel Del Mar Tuna Chunks in Water, drained
- 1-1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp dill leaves
- 1 (50 g) pc red onion, minced
- freshly ground black pepper, lightly crushed
- pink peppercorns for garnish
- 2 sprigs fresh dill for garnish
- 1 loaf rye or sourdough bread, sliced and lightly toasted
- In a food processor, place tuna, mayonnaise, mustard, and dill. Pulse until smooth or pate-like consistency. Season with black pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and add minced onion and some chopped pink peppercorns.
- Transfer mixture to a jar. Garnish with dill and pink peppercorns. Serve with toasted rye or sourdough bread or on crackers.
Makes 6 servings.
TUNA ADLAI GRAIN BOWL by Chef Ed Bugia
- 1 (185 g) can San Miguel Del Mar Tuna Chunks in Oil, drained
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp low fat yogurt
- 150 g adlai, cooked according to package direction
- 60 g quinoa, cooked according to package direction
- 2 tsp pickled onion
- 2 tsp pickled Japanese cucumbers
- 2 tbsp cherry tomatoes, roasted
- 4 pc nori chips
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 20 g diced yellow mango
- 10 g chopped shallot
- 20 g diced tomato
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sprig cilantro, chopped
- ¼ tsp iodized fine salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
For the mango salsa:
- Mix all ingredients for mango salsa in a bowl. Chill.
For the grain bowl:
- Combine tuna, sriracha, and yogurt in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Arrange 2 bowls by first layering in the adlai and then the quinoa.
- In a circular manner, top grains with tuna mixture, salsa, pickled onion, cucumbers, and tomatoes.
- Top with crumbled nori chips.
TUNA CREPES WITH TRUFFLE MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE by Chef Happy Ongpauco-Tiu
- 1-1/2 cups Magnolia Fresh Milk
- 3 pc Magnolia Brown Eggs
- 5 tbsp Magnolia Nutri Oil Coconut Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp iodized fine salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Tuna Filling:
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped garlic
- 1 cup fresh button mushrooms
- 1 (185 g) can San Miguel Del Mar Tuna Chunks in Water, drained
- ½ cup Magnolia All-Purpose Cream
- ¼ cup grated mozzarella cheese
- iodized fine salt
- ¼ cup Magnolia Gold Butter Salted
- ¼ cup chopped garlic
- ½ cup Magnolia Quickmelt or mozzarella cheese
- 1 (250 mL) pack Magnolia All-Purpose Cream
- truffle oil to taste
For the crepe:
- In a bowl, mix milk, eggs & oil. Add flour, then salt and sugar. Continue to mix then strain to get a smoother batter. Add vanilla extract into the batter.
- Pour batter into a non-stick flat pan until it forms a circle. Cook until edges start to dry and center is set. Turn and cook other side until light brown.
For the filling:
- Saute garlic in olive oil, then add mushrooms and tuna. Add cream and grated cheese. Season with salt and pepper then mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Melt butter & saute garlic. Add cream and cheese. Set aside.
- Take one crepe pancake and place it on a plate. Take 2 spoon-full of tuna filling and spread it down the middle of the crepe pancake. Take one side of the crepe pancake and roll it over the filling, and keep rolling to form a log.
- Pour the sauce over the crepes and drizzle with truffle oil.