Sitting at the heart of Manila and right at the country’s cradle of arts and culture, the Eton International School rises as the first world-class learning institution inside the prestigious grounds of the Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP).
Eton International School-CCP stands proudly amongst landmark structures—the Folk Arts Theatre in its north, the Coconut Palace on the east and bordered in the south by the Manila Bay, world-renowned for its spectacular sunrise and glorious sunsets.
“ETON is the school of the future where learning happens beyond the four walls of the classrooms. It is a place where kids will feel safe to learn, grow and multiply their talents exponentially,” said Ms. Jacqueline Marzan-Tolentino, Eton International School Directress.
ETON has created three pioneering programs—the Center for the Talented and Gifted for the pre-schoolers; Center for Leadership and Performing Arts for grade school and Center for Technology and Innovation for high school.
“What sets ETON apart is how we nurture the leadership potential in each child. Our mantra is every child is a leader and every child can be a hero waiting to be unleashed. We take time out to know about the child’s strength and weaknesses so that we can match our teaching style to our students’ learning style. This allows the students to learn, faster, better and higher. Eton International family culture allows students to grow and create better relationships in their family and community. It only takes love to break all barriers in the mind, heart and soul. With our multiple local and international programs, each child is given the chance to find his gifts, strengthen their resiliency and build their confidence,” Tolentino adds.
THE ETON EDUCATION
Tolentino further explained that the Eton school philosophy is that “Every child is born with Royal Dignity.”
“We believe the gifts and calling of each child is irrevocable. A child’s worth is built in. It is our mission to open their mind to possibilities, strengthen their competency and skills and inculcate values that will set them for life,” she adds.
Eton’s motto is Artes (Heart), Scientia (Mind) and Intelligentia(Will or Spirit).
“Every child is nurtured to inspire, to innovate and to lead a life in honor of God and service to humanity. Every Etonian leads with humility, courage and heart,” Tolentino said.
Eton prides itself of its small class size that allows them to focus on the development of each child’s multiple intelligence, especially in the crucial foundation years. Tolentino describes this as strengthening their roots to allow the children to be resilient as they grow and bloom and ready to conquer the world.
* LEADERSHIP PROGRAM-Eton provides learning adventures that are life changing. The students are taught to focus on developing their faith in God, self, family and others through self mastery, experiential mastery and life mastery here in the Philippines and abroad.
* LANGUAGE PROGRAM- Eton nurtures the gift not just of one language but three—English, Filipino and Mandarin. The students may also have an elective in French and other languages. – I SPEAK
* EARTH SAVERS PROGRAM – Eton leads the community to take care of the environment through our ECO Savers Program. – I CARE
* ARTS AND CULTURE PROGRAM – Eton promotes Philippine arts and culture from visual arts to performing arts through various exhibitions and cultural activities. – I CREATE
* DEVELOPMENTAL AND ACCELERATION PROGRAM – Eton provides multiple ways to Iearn from modular program to hands-on learning .- ILEARN
* ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAM – Eton believes in teaching financial and wealth program at an early age through our various business start-up cases. IBUILD
* RECREATION AND CELEBRATION PROGRAM – Eton promotes local and international sports and wellness program – I EXPLORE
* STEM PROGRAM- Eton’s Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) program has given the Eton students a remarkable edge in this space. “Our global affiliations range from TOFEL to Lego Robotics to International Learning Styles AndMultiple Intelligence. Our program is used in UK, Asia and US,” Tolentino proudly said. – I SOLVE
* HOLISTIC PROGRAM- Eton sets three goals in every school year for students to learn and grow with from subject goals. These could be in arts, language, geography, history, ICT, language, math, music, PE, Science, society and technology); Personal goals ( enquiry resilience morality communication thoughtfulness cooperation respect and adaptability):& Internationalization goals ( local and international collaboration and cooperation.) Students are exposed to different opportunities to grow with their counterparts worldwide through internationalcompetition and fieldwork. – I PRAY
* INTERNATIONAL IMMERSION PROGRAM –Eton has international curriculum linkages that allow our students to easily be accepted abroad. – I CONNECT
* PERSONAL EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM – Eton has confidence building program that allows students to know their strengths and develop their talents at a faster rate through learning styles multiple intelligence and other personality development programs. – I LOVE
DEVELOPING 22nd CENTURY LEADERS
The mission of Eton International School, Tolentino explained, is to help develop leaders for the 21st century.
“These are leaders who are creative, critical, caring, compassionate, communicative, collaborative, confident, country loving and cross cultural,” she says. “We refer to these as the care values embedded in each child.”
“He dreams big by taking small steps. A small act of courage to press on towards his dream to lead his generation to a better life. It starts by creating multiple positive adventures in their early years, establishing their strengths in their foundation years thru multiple engagements and lastly enhancing their multiple Intelligence in their high school years. Specialization happens in their senior year that will give them a head start in life, Tolentino shared.
ETON GRADUATES MAKING MILESTONES GLOBALLY
The proof of the pudding is in the eating, so the saying goes.
ETON International School is proud not just of the achievements of current students but, most especially, their graduates.
Here are some of the Eton alumni who have made the school proud:
• Liviana Navarro, who was a consistent gold medalist at Eton from preschool to grade school has so far amassed five gold medals as world champion in performing arts in the United States, where she is based as a respected theater performer and singer.
• Ylay Gosiaco, who was also a consistent gold medalist at Eton, is now a scholar at the prestigious Harvard Medical School
• Nezza Rafain, also a consistent gold medalist at Eton, is a recipient of eight scholarship grants abroad, was accelerated twice and was an International Benchmark Test Topnotcher in English, Math and Science in Australia. She is currently a medical student.
• Carlos Alfonso, made Eton and the whole country proud by winning the championship in the International Robotics Olympiad in China.
• Valerie Villuan, a consistent gold medal awardee in Eton, graduated with the highest honor of summa cum laude at the Florida Atlantic University in the United States.
• Jaira Velsaco, is a member of Eton Robotics Team wereshe competed in various local robotics competitions. She was accelerated to Grade 12 at Crescent Heights High School, Calgary, Alberta Canada.
• David Benjamin Fugnit, a consistent honor student and known to be a good leader during his stay in Eton. After graduating in senior high school, he has been granted a scholarship for his college education at Hult University, San Francisco, USA.
• Aaron Daniel Fugnit, has obtained the highest score in the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) Junior. Herepresented Eton International School and the Philippines in various local and international robotics competition including Bucheon, Korea and Bandung, Indonesia. He won was a Champion in Robot Dancing Category DepEd National Science and Technology Fair – Pinoy Robot Games 2016. He is Currently Grade 11 under International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
• Kristen Claudine Agbuya, represented Eton International School and the Philippines in various local and international robotics competition including Bucheon, Korea and Bandung, Indonesia where she received a Technical Award in Robot in Movie Category and Champion in Robot Dancing Category DepEd National Science and Technology Fair – Pinoy Robot Games 2016. She is Currently Grade 12 under International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
• Asuka Shigemura, has been a Champion, DepEd National Science and Technology Fair – Pinoy Robot Games 2017 – Creative Category with judges from Singapore, Thailand and Philippines.
He was granted a slot as the Philippine official delegate to Google Australia Robotics Challenge in Griffith University, Queensland, Australia.
• Darren Lyndon Espanto, he is the first runner up of the voice kids philippines season 1. He also receives various awards like Promising Male Performer, 46th GMMSF Box Office Entertainment Awards, Most Outstanding Teen Artist of the Year – 8th EdukCircle Awards Multiple nominations and won Male Pop Artist of the Year at 8th PMPC Star Awards for Music.
• Beanca Marie Binene, ought out actress, host, endorser and has obtained the highest score in NCAE Manila with 99+, 95 and 99+ rating.
“The achievements of our current students and our alumni inspire us to provide world-class education to Eton students. If we want our children to be future-ready and globally competitive, we are certain that an Eton education could prepare them for that,” Tolentino said.
Aside from the newly-inaugurated ETON International School-CCP, ETON has another branch near Rockwell located at 6075 Palma St., Poblacion, Makati City which caters to students from the south of the metropolis.
Another is Eton Global Institute that caters senior high school, collegiate, professionals, for culinary and hospitality programs located at 1633 Makiling St, Sampaloc, Manila near the Chinese General Hospital.
“We are very proud of the kind of leaders Eton has nurtured for the past 15 years. The unique brand of Eton education has allowed our students to conquer the world. We dream of bringing Eton Education to as many cities in the country and partner with the best and brightest in the world,” Tolentino adds.
For more information on Eton International School, visit their website,www.eton.edu.ph or their social media accounts: (Facebook, IG, Twitter)