Having a flat tire is most often than not, a pain and a burden. But, this should not be the case at all! Since most cars come with handy jacks and spare tires, you shouldn’t fret at all. What you need to do is learn how to replace a tire with ease, so you can be on your way.
Here’s how to replace your flat tire:
- Park your car, somewhere safe and where there is even ground level, of course. Well, don’t just get off in a hurry and forget to put it on a parking brake and turning off your engine. You might suddenly find yourself under a rolling car if you absentmindedly forget these.
- Take out your spare tire or tires and don’t go slamming the trunk and forgetting the tire iron and jack.
- Stoop down to loosen your wheel’s lug nuts. Do not unscrew them totally.
- Jack up your car. Be sure it’s raised a little so you can easily remove the flat tire and put in the new one.
- If it’s all jacked up all the way or you have enough space, you can now proceed to unscrewing the lug nuts.
- Remove the flat tire and replace it with a new one
- Put all the lug nuts back and make sure to tighten them
- Lower the jack until you can remove it.
- Don’t forget to put back the tire iron, jack and old tire in the trunk
That’s it! It ain’t this easy when a woman is changing the tires but with the proper tools and know how, a woman can do it too! Next time, if you think that your tires get easily flat or worn out, choose a better brand like a Michelin Pilot Road 3, you won’t be changing tires that often!