Losing weight has been a problem of mine since I got pregnant with my first child. Those “baby” (lol) fats are so stubborn and wouldn’t leave me alone! LOL
I bet some of you women are having the same problem now and getting all stressed up because whatever diet you try, it just won’t work! Perhaps, in some instances, the diet did work but the flab kept coming back, still huhuhu.
So, what to do now? Well, that is the big question!
Do not let the idea of losing weight intimidate you. You could get a perfect figure if you are ready to make efforts and adopt a better lifestyle. Read on to help you get started.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go through your fridge and cupboards and get rid of unhealthy food items. Unhealthy food include sweets, sugary drinks, food rich in high fructose corn syrup, fat or sodium. Get rid of processed foods and read the labels of all your food items to find out about hidden ingredients you might have been unaware of when you bought these items.
- When you go grocery shopping, make a list of healthy items. You might want to plan your meals for the week so you know what to buy. If buying healthy items is hard for you, make an effort to stay away from the candy aisle. If you are used to buying yourself a treat, spend your money on something else such as a shirt or a DVD.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day and drink a glass of water before you have a meal. Drinking water will help you fill your stomach quickly and not overeat. Drinking water will also help you stay away from sugary drinks. If you feel hungry between meals, have a glass of water to fill your stomach instead of eating a snack.
- Take the time to enjoy your food. Do not watch TV or find something to distract yourself when you eat. You will not realize that you are full if you do this. Eat smaller portions and stop eating when you feel full. If you feel that your diet is too hard to follow, eating slowly is a good way to help you appreciate the foods you are allowed.
- You would be amazed at how much weight you can lose by not drinking soda. Read the label on a soda can: the level of sugar is way too high. Even ‘light or zero’ sodas contain harmful ingredients and sodas with no calories contain high levels of fat and sodas with no caffeine contain an unhealthy quantity of chemicals. Take the time to do some research about sodas and the effect of sugary drinks on your body. This should be enough to convince you that water is a better solution.
- Get at least eight hours of sleep every night. A lack of sleep can make you more hungry and keep you from making the right food choices. Do your best to live on a regular schedule. You should have three meals a day and go to bed two hours after your last meal so that you have the time to digest this meal. If you go to bed right after eating, you body is going to store all the fat from this last meal.
If you find it hard to stay motivated, find other people who are trying to lose weight and talk to them. Share your tips and progresses. Perhaps you could turn losing weight into a friendly competition. Work out together and share meals. You will not be tempted to make unhealthy food choices if you eat next to people who have something healthy on their plates.
Losing weight can take time, but you will be successful if you are ready to make efforts. Follow the tips from this article and look for more ways to change your habits.