It doesn’t matter who’s visiting you, they always seem to find their way into your kitchen. The kitchen is often referred to as the heart of the home, so you should enjoy the look and feel of your kitchen. A drab, uninviting kitchen is not what you need for your home, but just before you send your husband off on a journey to look through miter saw reviews and ruin the kitchen with his DIY confidence, these handy tips might help you avoid half-renovated kitchen disasters, and save some money to boot.
- Replacing your cabinet hardware can be an excellent way to freshen up the space a bit. This can be done inexpensively if you take the time to shop around for the hardware that fits into your budget. There are a variety of colors and styles to choose from, so you should have no problem finding some that will look perfect in your space. Prior to shopping for them, be sure that you have measured the space between the holes or have checked how they are mounted to your cabinets to be sure that they will fit without needing to drill any holes.
- If you have a tired wood floor in your kitchen that you just cannot take the time or spend the money to refinish, find a good floor paint and paint it! This will not take you long to revive the look of your kitchen in an affordable fashion. Just be sure that you use quality paint so it does not peel and chip soon after applying.
- Brightly colored tea towels strategically placed around the kitchen can add a splash of color to the room without much effort at all. You can purchase easy to hang hooks that you can use to hang them on a wall that is bare. These towels can be changed out as often as you would like to change the look and feel of the room.
- Kitchen cabinets that have seen better days can really bring your kitchen down. If you cannot afford to replace them, you can quickly refinish or repaint them. It may take a little time to prep them, but once the project is complete, you will be thankful that you put forth the effort to get the work done.
- Replacing a faucet that has seen better days can really improve the look of your kitchen. It can be relatively simple to do and with the right faucet, it can make quite a difference in the overall look of the kitchen.
- Use satin paint to give your walls a second life. A fresh coat of satin paint will really change the look of a dreary kitchen. You can choose the color that most appeals to you and really make it fit your personality. Buttery yellow, sky blue or pink rose paint colors will make the room seem light, airy and welcoming.
Use these tips to revamp your drab and dreary kitchen while only requiring minimum efforts. If done correctly, you will add appeal to the home by making these changes, and maybe even increase the overall value of your home.
If you’ll ask me, my kitchen has been renovated only once a few years ago. Now, I’m thinking of having an improved one that would have some sort of solar panels with top quality solar panel mounting that would last a lifetime and I won’t need to switch on the light during the day because the sunlight will brighten my kitchen. Since nowadays there are lots of house thieves, I’d be at peace all day long knowing that my doors have tamper proof security fasteners.
You don’t have to go to the extent of bringing in expensive merchandise, security alarms, high class ovens and refrigerator to “beautify” your kitchen, those tips above will help you easily improve your kitchen 🙂