Potato Chips
Food Talk

Quick and Easy Potato Recipes

I’m very particular with the food I serve my family. I often read the label and check the nutrition facts. We must watch what we eat and lead a healthy lifestyle, especially during the pandemic.

My whole family loves potatoes and if I can incorporate it in a dish, I will! It’s also an alternative to rice. So, if we have a dish with potatoes, there’s usually no need to serve rice. Potatoes are a healthy complex carb, with only 110 calories per serving, excellent source of vitamin C, good source of potassium, protein, fiber, and a host of other vitamins and minerals.

You can cook just about anything with potatoes because they come in many forms. Here in the Philippines, Potatoes USA markets and promotes three forms: frozen, dehydrated and fresh. This just shows how versatile they are. You can use them in appetizers, soups, mains, and even desserts and baked goods!

Here are two potato dishes that we frequently eat at home:

SHEPHERD’S PIE

Shepherd's Pie

Shepherd’s Pie is a casserole with ground beef, vegetables and topped with mashed potatoes.

INGREDIENTS
1kilo large potatoes, peeled and quartered for easy boiling and mashing
1/4 cup butter
1 chopped onion (I use the white one)
Diced carrots. You can also add corn and green peas
1kilo ground beef
Beef broth
Salt, pepper, and soy sauce

• Boil the potatoes. Add a dash of salt and cook until tender.
  • Saute your desired vegetables with butter, onions until well cooked
  • Then add the ground beef until brownish in color.
  • Add the sauce and broth.
  • Season with salt and pepper.
  • Preheat oven to 400Β°F.
  • Mash the potatoes, season with salt and pepper.
  • Put the beef mix in a casserole and layer it with the mashed potatoes on top. What I do is a layer of meat, then mashed potatoes, then meat again then the final topping.
  • Place in the oven and cook until slightly brown.

HOMESTYLE POTATO CHIPS

Potato Chips

This is an easy-peasy snack that we love to munch especially when movie-bonding with the whole family!

DIRECTIONS:

• Thinly slice at least 4-5 large potatoes (depending on how many will eat), wash and drain
  • Soak in salty water for at least 20 minutes, this way, you don’t have to dash it with salt once cooked.
  • Heat oil then deep-fry

Top-quality U.S. potatoes are delicious, versatile, readily available, and affordable. A win-win for the health and the budget!

Wondering where to get U.S. potato products? Check this out:

U.S. frozen potato – frozen aisle of supermarkets nationwide.

U.S. table-stock/fresh potatoes – not available year-round, look for them at the produce section of your favorite grocery.

U.S. dehydrated potatoes – get them from baking supply stores or if you can’t find one near you, you can message Potatoes USA-Philippines on Facebook and @potatoesusaphl on Instagram for more info.

Hits: 157

You may also like...

24 Comments

1. Michelle Anne Tumulak says:

Wow! salamat sa potato recipes Mamu! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ

2. sosingerica says:

We really love French fries mamu hindi po kami nagsasawa. Masarap po sya na kutkutin.πŸŸπŸ˜‹ Thank you po for sharing this super yummy and easy to cook potato dish. Not only yummy but also healthy din po. 😊😍

3. MA D EL says:

Wow ang sarap naman po Ng Shepherds pie Mamu,nakakatakam

1. arbaguasan says:

Sarap Naman po Mamu I will try po para sa nak ko Yung recipe mo po

4. David SancheznietteAnto says:

Mamu gusto ko tong shinare mong potato recipe simple at madali lang gawin try ko ito dahil mahilig kami ng anak ko sa Potatoes

5. Lyka Mitra says:

Ngaun ko lang po narinig ang sheperds pie. πŸ–’ kala ko po lasagna siya eh.. ❀ at mukha po siyang masarap mamu.. ❀

1. uu kamukha nga ahaha

6. Bessie Ramos says:

Ang sasarap ng recipe mamu . I will try gawin ung sheperd pie . Gusto ko dn matikman un

1. madali lang yan kahit sa oven toaster basta lutuin mo na lang ng maayos yung giniling πŸ™‚

7. wow gusto ko ma try yan momsh

8. Hazel Mary says:

Ganyan ganyan din ma ginagawa namin sa potatoes. Lalo kapag may mga tira tira na pwde pang makaen. ☺️

9. Jeng Manalo says:

Try ko din tong recipes na to mamu thanks.Kahit anung luto talaga ng potato panalo para sakin sobrang sarap talaga

10. Roxanne Aricaya says:

Thank you sa potato recipe mamu.. tatry ko ung home style potato chips πŸ˜‹ sarap snackan..

11. Apple Chick says:

This is so delicious I wanna try this. I’m a potato lover so instead of potato chips this is more great because its freshly cooked and so yummyβ™‘β™‘β™‘

12. daraisabel says:

masarap po mamu πŸ˜‹πŸ΄

13. ellaineparame says:

Favorite ko din POTATO,Good thing is very helpful itong content mo mamu about Potatoes,and Thank ls to Potato USA Phil nagshashare sila ng mga potato recipes na swak sa budget at panalo lalo na sa mga kids natin..Matry na din itong mga potato recipes😍

14. wow sarap. gumawa ako potato cheese ball.

15. jelhocabtalansanchez says:

Na try ko Mamu Yung homemade potato chips gustong gusto ng mga Bata πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Pwede Rin syang kasabay sa Kanin with homemade gravy.

1. Uy magandang idea yan ah… thanks

16. Dayanara Rojas says:

I love potatoes. Anything dishes with potatoes is so damn yummy and healthy for me… Shepherds pie di ko pa po ata natry yan. Mukhang ang sarap po. Salamat pi sa recipes Mamu..

17. Sara Llamas says:

Thanks for sharing your potato recipe mommy. I’m sure to try the Shepherd’s Pie kasi muka siyang Lasagna and I think my son will love it! Me and my husband also love potato chips saka mojos. Sobrang hilig namin sa patatas as in! Kahit yung mga potato chips na nabibili s market. πŸ™‚ Thanks for this!

18. Rosebel S. De Vera says:

Gusto ko po try nkuu masasarapan ang 2 kong anak neto.. 😍

19. SSEJJessa says:

Wala akong maisip na ibang recipe sa potatoes maliban sa fries. Etong Shepherd’s pie mamu, natakam
    ako. So gagayahin ko na naman😊. Thanks mamu.

20. Yung Shepherd’s pie po curious ako jan parang ang sarap sarap. Diko akalain na marami palang recipes ang pwedeng gawin sa potato.