My son will be having his birthday in a few weeks and we still haven’t gotten any gift that we think will make him smile.. Well, teens are really hard to please simply because they want it all, no matter what the prices are. They seem to have that notion that if their parents have the dough, they can definitely get what they wish for!
So, since money doesn’t grow on trees and one really has to work hard to have a decent living, we are just writing down some Gift Ideas for Teenagers that my husband and I think our son will love, but carefully selecting those which won’t cost us a fortune.
- A not so expensive tablet but with all the necessary upgraded features wherein he could play his fave online games
- A new mobile phone which also doubles as a tablet, still not too pricey
- A new rane crossovers which he keeps on raving about for his musical instruments. A bit expensive but we have a friend who can sell his unused one for a much lower price.
- A remote controlled helicopter he so wanted since last year
- His own mini laptop or desktop computer. Will cost higher than the above but we really think he needs it for school
There are other little things he needs that we think we can include with one of the winning choice above. Perhaps, we can all sit down and discuss this, right? At least, we can explain to him about each item and contemplate if he really needs it and if it’s a necessity he could live without or something.
But, I guess, what we want him to remember the most is that we are doing everything we can so he can be happy and not just on his birthday. He needs to learn the value of money and that it’s something that doesn’t just appear in our wallets in a snap.