Choosing gifts for your mother is not an easy task to do. When we decide to buy a present, we cannot be 100 percent sure that she will really appreciate it or not. How will you know what she’ll appreciate? You are either a single mother yourself, you asked one what she could really use, or read on. A little bit of knowledge in this area goes a long way.
Here are the things that you SHOULD NOT DO:
- Don’t buy expensive things for her because you think she may like them. You think she’ll appreciate it because it’s expensive and that she can’t afford to buy it. That’s not right thinking! She may accept and thank you for the gift and that may be a genuine one BUT she may have thought that instead of buying that uber outrageous expensive jewelry, she’d think that you could have just given the same amount of money so she can pay the bills.If she’s a single mom, no job or salary isn’t that great, she’d definitely appreciate money more than material things. This way, you will somehow ease the burden on her shoulder. OR you can baby sit for a few hours, that is if you don’t have the means to give her any money or gift.
- Buy something YOU LIKE. Sometimes, daughters tend to miss the idea that it’s their mothers that should receive and use the gifts. I have a girl friend who buys her mom tons of gifts but then eventually, all those she will use. It’s like this, she bought her mom a stunning summer dress, but she liked it also. So, instead of buying two of the same item, she just gave it to her mom with the intentions of borrowing it at another time and for a different occasion. This is so wrong! Your mom might not like the idea of her being seen by friends wearing the same dress her daughter wore a week ago. What would her friends think of her? Get my drift?
What you SHOULD DO:
- Pay her bills. If your mom lives separately from you, then as mentioned above, paying her bills would make her happy.
- Get her Car Wash Coupons! This would lessen her expenses for the following months. OR, you could do it yourself. This is a great way to bond with her too!
- Pick up your siblings in school, babysit them for a few hours, take them to the park or a dinner and a movie. By doing that, you are giving your mom her much needed space.
- Buy her more flowers for her garden. If she’s into gardening, she’d definitely want colourful flowers added to her collection of pots. If you are in Denver but doesn’t have time to go to a flower shop, then an online flowers delivery in Denver is the answer! Your mom knows that flowers in Denver are beautiful, so she’ll definitely be all smiles once she gets it.
- Do her grocery for her and add some more to it. She can do something else like relax and chill while you do the grocery. Then, think of things she needs in the kitchen and add it as another present for her.
- Do her laundry. She did yours when you were little up until you graduated in high school. It’s time to return the deed.
There are a lot of simple things that can represent as your gifts. With mothers, it doesn’t have to be material things. My kids usually gives me tiny presents such as art works they did in school, home made cards, helping me with the household chores and many more. These things put a smile on my face and warms my heart. Life is easier when I’m happy and contented.