We’ve been using LED televisions for many years now, even our refrigerator is one energy saver. Some of our lighting at home has been changed to LED too but in this scorching hot summer, seems to be adding more heat to the entire house coz when you touch the light bulb, it’s really hot!
Then, I just remembered that I got a box full of Orbik Led Lights and decided to replace the lighting on areas where we most frequently use.
But first, let me tell you how Orbik has enlightened me and before I left the event, there was no question that I’d like to #SwitchToSave.
Architect Conrad Onglao enumerated several things that will help you make the transition to Orbik LED Lights easily.
- Homes, offices, artworks etc need different lighting. Basically, there are 3 light functions: ambient, task and accent lighting.
- Lighting creates various moods and serves different objectives.
- Highlight a painting, a piece of vintage decor/sculpture or even your valuable toy collections with an Accent lighting. It adds drama to a room or particular area when done right.
- For the home or office study table, bedside table while reading, cooking area and kitchen counters – Task lighting is necessarily. Should be generally bright to prevent eye-strain, no glares nor shadows.
- Ambient lighting is usually the central source and provides overall illumination. You know those that are used in chandeliers, wall-mounted or ceiling lights. Lighting that is enough to cover a living or dining room or a wide area.
These 3 light functions ORBIK LED Light offers. Check out the image below for the different range of light that is super affordable and energy efficient.
Now lemme show you what I did to our chandelier which is in the main living room and where I usually do my online work.
There used to be 3 LED lights of 3 watts each yet still a bit dim as overall lighting and the light doesn’t actually reach much of my work area. Now, I don’t like to use a table lamp on my computer table because for me it’s too bright and makes me teary eyed coz of eye-strain. I tried using just 1 bulb of higher wattage on the same chandelier but then it would defeat the purpose of saving electricity. Besides, I’ve observed that though they were LED lights, they emit additional heat thus adding more stress for me during these hot summer days.
Took out the 3 other bulbs and replaced it with one A60 9 watts Orbik LED Daylight I got in the box. Well, I was right! It’s even brighter than the daylight outside the window! What’s more is that it also reaches my work table, so now I’m happy! And you know what? Touched it after a few hours that it’s open and it wasn’t even hot! Yey!
Next plan is to change the accent lighting.. soon coz I still have to buy a few more of this MR16 Orbik LED Accent Lights.
This A55 3.5 watts Orbik Led Daylight will be in the kids’ bedroom. They’re currently using a 3 watts LED light but my eldest has been complaining that it’s “still dark”, lol.
I dunno yet where to use this huge A80-MB2 Bluetooth Speaker LED Dimmable 7 watts Orbik Light! But, it’s a cool piece right, coz it’s dual purpose, it’s a light and a speaker in one, also comes with a remote control.
The rest of the lights in the box will also be put in good use but will have to wait for hubby to change those in the ceilings coz it’s too high.
Curious about how Orbik can help you save money by further reducing your electricity bill? See their details below and check out the wide range of LED lights they offer!