Home and Living Home Improvement Product Reviews

Use a DVD Cabinet for Organizing Your Collections!

If you are anything like me, who endlessly buys DVDs and just toss them in a drawer for future movie marathons, then you are also a mess, lol.

Yeah, I’m a DVDholic if there’s such a term, because I hardly go out to watch a movie and eat my fave popcorn. I’m ever so busy with everything that time is of the essence, so I feel that going to the nearby movie house means spending and wasting precious time. I know.. I need occasional breather and watching would make me relax a bit.

So my solution, instead of going out or renting, I buy DVDs of movies I so wanna watch but can’t. At least at home, while doing chores, I can play a movie and watch at the same time! It’s like hitting 2 birds in one stone, lol.

With that said, my collection is piling up and filling my drawers fast! I gotta think of some way to make them more useful!

So, I scoured the net for a dvd cabinet that can also serve as a wall decor beside the entertainment system.

This is what I got and sure as hell a bit expensive but at least all my DVD collections are in one place and added beauty to a bare wall…

DVD Cabinet

You can also put in your book and music cd collections in there.. such a multi-purpose cabinet!

Hubby is really happy coz finally they are well organized and at least when he wants to watch something, he can easily pick it out from the rest. Unlike when they were all in several drawers, you have to pull them out one by one ’til you get to the one you really wanna watch. Such a waste of time, really…. Now, I’m happy too ๐Ÿ™‚

Hits: 403

You may also like...

14 Comments

1. I love cabinets that are functional yet decorative. What a marvelous way of storing DVDs!

2. Donna Martin says:

such a good idea..i dont have a big dvd collection and i think i’m gonna put some of my books and magazines

3. M.Clark says:

This is a great idea, we have our DVDs stored in boxes.

4. md kennedy says:

I can sometimes find DVDs for sale cheaper than renting the movie, especially in used book stores. So my collection is growing as well. Right now the DVDs live in piles next to the TV, but I like the idea of storing them in a cabinet that looks more like a piece of furniture.

5. Sandy Cain says:

This is really lovely. You’re right, it’s decorative as well as functional. I used to have something like this, but it’s gone noe, with all my DVDs. : (

6. Maria Iemma says:

That is a very handsome cabinet. I also am a DVD addict and they are all over the house. I like your idea of watching a movie while doing chores.

7. Marie Butler says:

That cabinet is really nice. An inexpensive way to store dvds, video games and cds is to purchase those canvas style totes. I bought a few at target when they were on clearance. They usually run $12 and I got them for under $6. They are really sturdy and have beautiful colors. My son organizes all his video games in one.

8. Ashley says:

Looks great. That makes me wanna sort mine. Love the wood cabinet, and everything is so nice and neat!

9. Mitzi Fisher says:

I have a DVD cabinet and still had to have plastic containers to hold some of them.

10. Karen H in NC says:

Most of my DVDs are in sets rather than single films but I keep them at the bottom of my entertainment center. I like the looks of this glass front cabinet. Very nice addition to any room.

11. D Johnson says:

My husband and I are both DVDholics so I know exactly what you’re talking about lol. I love the cabinet you found, but I think we would need at least two of them here!

12. Raquel says:

I loved the end result ๐Ÿ™‚ it is functional yet pretty! If only I had the courage to tackle mine ๐Ÿ˜‰ hehe

13. I use dvd racks to organize lids in the kitchen. it keeps the cabinets soo neat and tidy.

14. cheridene says:

this is a great idea for a small place like mine