If you are looking for enriching meals or snacks for your family, you should try U.S. Blueberries! I’m telling you, it’s super delicious and nutritious, too! It’s plump, juicy, and sweet, and you can eat it as is, just rinse it and snack on it!
U.S. Blueberries are here in the Philippines. The fresh season is only from April to September. But available all year are frozen blueberries, and they are just as yummy!
Here are some interesting facts about blueberries:
- Blueberries have been around for more than 13,000 years.
- It has 4 essential nutrients:
Fiber – good for the heart and the tummy and keeps your cholesterol in check.
Vitamin C – as we all know helps support a healthy immune system
Vitamin K – regulates blood clotting and bone metabolism
Manganese – converts protein, carbs, and fats to give us more energy and helps in bone development
- Blueberries are blue because of the anthocyanins, a type of flavonoid with antioxidant effects.
- It contains only 80 calories per serving or one cup
- The recommended daily fiber is 3.6 grams, and you can get that from eating blueberries
- The vitamins and minerals found in blueberries help meet your nutrient needs
My whole family loves U.S. Blueberries and I’ve recently made two super easy blueberry recipes that everyone enjoyed. I prepared some blueberry smoothies and baked blueberry muffins. They go so well together! They’re yummy and filling and I’m sharing both recipes with you here. Yay!
Easy Blueberry Smoothie
1/2 cup Farmers Best Highbush Blueberries
1 cup Soy Milk (or any milk you desire)
125 grams of Plain Yogurt
- Pour all ingredients in the blender
- Mix and serve
That easy, eh?!
Easy Blueberry Muffins
2 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 large Eggs
2 cups of Sugar
1 cup of Milk
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
350 grams Farmers Best Highbush Blueberries
1/2 cup Canola Oil
- Mix the eggs, milk, oil, extract in a bowl
- Add in sugar while mixing and until it dissolves
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt
- Mix until smooth
- Add in the frozen U.S. blueberries on the batter and mix
- Preheat the oven at 200 celsius
- Grease the muffin pan and pour the mixture
- Sprinkle a tad of brown sugar on top if you want
- Bake for 30 minutes
We’re still in the midst of the pandemic, and it’s all the more important that we choose to consume healthy foods like blueberries.
You can buy frozen U.S. blueberries in groceries nationwide. Don’t forget to choose these brands: Farmers Best, Essential Everyday, and Sunny Select. To know more, you can browse U.S. Blueberries Philippines on Facebook and Instagram.