Let’s say, you have been itching to buy an area rug for either your home or office but can’t decide on what or which one to really buy. You are confused because you have several choices and don’t know what to do.
So, here are some tips which I hope could help you in finally deciding on one or two, lol.
- Imagine what you want your room to look like. Are you thinking of vast array of colours or plain and organized?
- Will you be decorating an empty room or a furnished one?
- Always remember that an area rug has to fit the desired room.
- Will you be using a different lighting than the usual?
- How many people will step on those rugs? If a lot, then you will be needing a tough one but still something nice to “step on”
- If there is already an existing furniture, you need to match or blend the rug’s colour
- Make sure to get the correct dimension of the room or the area you want to cover up
- Will you be using the rug as the focal point of the room?
The above are just some of the points to ponder.
You can also use light colored area rugs, which can ultimately make your room look open. Think of durability and if it’s easy to clean. If you don’t know how to clean one, look for rug cleaners in your city or check Google map, let’s say, type “area rug cleaning service new york “, and you will be presented with different choices.
Just always remember this – an area rug should not only look great, it should perform well, too.