It’s been more than a decade ago when my prayers to become a mom was granted. I wanted to jump for joy when I learned I was pregnant with my eldest coz it was a long time dream that finally came true. I didn’t jump for fear of disrupting the 2 month old fetus. I was truly blessed and felt fulfilled and can’t contain my happiness. Everything seemed bright and colourful.
Then came along my 2nd child. I felt the same ecstatic spine tingling feeling coz for the second time, I was blessed. Life has never been happier! I so love them both and would do anything to help them grow a better person than me. I just hope that I’m doing the right thing and giving them the love that they deserve.
So, in a few weeks, it’s Mother’s Day once again. My day along with millions of other moms out there.
Well, here is a list of what I want and probably some, if not all mothers would agree with me on this. This is also a note to our husbands and kids, so they can choose which one is appropriate for their “mom”.
- Flowers – I think this is one of the most well accepted gift by mothers, well, unless you’re allergic to it, lol. I never really liked flowers when I was young but would gladly accept it if it’s from loved ones. Now, not all can go to the flower shop and buy a bouquet or even just one lovely white rose. Our husbands and kids might be busy at work and school, so don’t fret, flowers can be delivered at your doorstep. Husband can do this by calling their local flower shop and just order mom’s fave flower with a message, of course. The internet has listings of the nearest shop and you only need to order and pay online. Flowers can be delivered at your desired date, time and place. An example is the flowers online at EZBloomers.com. Your wife/mom will definitely adore you more when she gets to smell those wonderful flowers!
- Dinner – May it be indoors or in a restaurant, I really appreciate the time and effort. If the budget is tight, hubby and kids can still prepare a sumptuous dinner, even at least a few of mom’s fave special dishes and desserts. If you have the luxury and money to treat mom for a dinner at one of the posh restaurants in your city, treat her in a place she has never been before. But, make sure she will like the food and the ambiance. Daddy and mommy can have a separate candle lit dinner, if they want.
- Jewelry – every woman loves those shiny accessories, most especially if it’s expensive, lol. My eyes glow and my face brightens whenever I receive one hahaha. You can give your wife one too, if you have lots of extra money. I’m sure she’ll love the new bling. If an expensive jewelry will ruin the budget, then kids can make a beaded bracelet and a necklace.
- Breakfast in Bed – I think it was last year when my hubby and the boys made me breakfast, brought it in the room and woke me up with the smell of freshly brewed coffee. I was smiling and hubby knew that I liked the “gift”. Well, it doesn’t happen every day and I really loved it!
- Mother’s Day card – one of the best things a husband can give his wife. Why? Not every man can write his true feelings on a card. Most men I know just copied lines from some other cards or just wrote “I Love You”. I know writing those words should be enough, but writing more than that would be a winner in my heart.
- Travel – can be out of town or abroad. I’d really appreciate some time off from the day to day stress. Any place with fresh air and trees all around would be nice. A break from the daily routine so I can come back fresh and renewed.
- A shopping permit with cash on my wallet – ahahaha, I called it that coz hubby has been limiting my shopping expenses. but then, it’s Mother’s Day and I should be on a shopping spree!
The above are just my ideas a mom like me would appreciate. But then, for me, it all boils down to having the day for myself as a ME time or a whole day’s rest from house chores and kids. Don’t get me wrong, I love being a mom and doing things for the family, but moms need some lovin’ too
So, as a mom, what gift would you like to receive on that day? Tell us and share this link to your loved ones, who knows, you may have a big surprise for Mother’s Day